BCA were appointed to carry out an LVIA and landscape design for a Hybrid application consisting for Warehouse distribution, canal frontage improvement works and the enhancement of offsite dilapidated land parcels as mitigation for the loss of an area of greenbelt.
Following a number of consultation events with the local authority and Key stakeholders such as the Groundworks Trust and Canal and River partnership the landscape masterplans were developed and delivered under a Whiting Landscape / Barry Chinn Associates Design and Build partnership. Since completion of the infrastructure, input has continued with the development of individual plots and on-going management of the overall site.
The main influences on the main site landscape design were:
- Retaining and reinforcing existing landscape features to integrate the development into the local landscape
- Improved pedestrian access
- Opening up views and improving access onto the canal towpath
- Ecological mitigation and enhancement
- Enhancing the amenity value of the site to provide an attractive and welcoming environment
Off-site land parcels
The landscape strategy for these was to bring the land under more purposeful management – making best use of the positive qualities of the sites, addressing problem issues such as dilapidated boundaries, surface erosion, controlling antisocial uses (motorbikes and fly tipping) and enhancing the qualities of the landscape for biodiversity and informal public amenity/recreation.
Industrial and Logistics
Prologis UK Limited